Welcome to Sunday Worship at Oakland Hills Community Church
- Visit our YouTube channel to watch the livestream.
- Click here for online giving
- Annual Congregational Meeting — to be held January 31, 2021
- New sermon series: Jesus – Son of David
- The new sermon series: Jesus – Son of David, explains that Jesus is the Messiah and fulfilment of prophecy.
Order of Worship
- Call to Worship
- Song – “Come People of the Risen King”
- Invocation – Seeking God’s Presence
- Song – “Hallelujah, Praise Jehovah” – Hymn # 110
- Congregational Prayer
- Song – “He Knows My Name”
- Scripture Reading – 2 Corinthians 3:12-4:6
- Message – “To See or Not To See”
- Song – “O God to us show mercy” – Hymn # 437
- Benediction – Leaving With God’s Blessing
2 Corinthians 3:12-4:6 (ESV)
12 Since we have such a hope, we are very bold, 13 not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face so that the Israelites might not gaze at the outcome of what was being brought to an end. 14 But their minds were hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away. 15 Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts. 16 But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
The Light of the Gospel
(4) Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart. 2 But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God’s word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.