Oakland Hills – History
On April 19, 1987, Oakland Hills Community Church (OHCC) began as a church planting effort. Pastor Ralph A. Rebandt II, along with thirteen dedicated people had the desire to bring the life changing truths of Jesus Christ to southeastern Michigan. Since the beginning, God has proved His faithfulness to OHCC over and over again. God grew this small group to a vibrant congregation housed on 7 beautiful acres in the lovely community of Farmington Hills, Michigan. The steady growth of families through its 28 years of existence makes Oakland Hills an attractive church home to many families today.
Oakland Hills adopted a vision to reach into the community and continues that vision to the present day. You are invited to become a part of this exciting ministry! You will find a warm welcome and a church home where you’ll discover answers to life’s most challenging questions based on timeless principles found in the Bible.
Oakland Hills – Statement of Faith
- In the inerrant and infallible Word of God
- In one God, eternally existing in three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- In Jesus Christ, truly God and truly man, born of the Virgin Mary
- In salvation from sin and its power only by faith in Jesus Christ’s substitutionary death
- In the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day
- In the work and witness of the church in today’s world
- In God’s love extended through covenant relationship
- The above is a summary of Biblical Truth taught in the Westminster Confession of Faith
Oakland Hills – Identity
Jesus’ prayer in John 17 demonstrates His desire that His Church be united. Recognizing that to be true, Oakland Hills is part of a world wide fellowship known as the Orthodox Presbyterian Church, a conservative, Bible believing group of churches. As a member of that denomination, we are:
- committed to the Bible
- dedicated to Jesus Christ and His kingdom
- faithful in prayer
- reformed in doctrine
- presbyterian in government
Oakland Hills – Purpose
Accepting the Bible as the authority for faith and life, OHCC seeks to exalt the Triune God, edify each other, and evangelize the world. (See also Statement of Purpose)
Oakland Hills – Objectives
- Proclaim and live by the truths taught in the entire Bible
- Emphasize preaching and prayer in our worship, together with singing of psalms, hymns and spiritual songs,
- Be a warm and caring fellowship of believers
- Spread the Good News of salvation from our community to the whole world.
Oakland Hills – Vision
To encourage the extension of the Kingdom of Christ in Michigan, with particular emphasis upon Southeastern Michigan.